[THIN] Re: FW: StartBuild 2.0a

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:16:04 +0100

You may have trouble extracting the files from the StartBuild .zip file!
When you open up the zip file, it contains a single file called
startbuild.exe. Save the .exe somewhere and execute it. When you choose a
location to extract to, please do not select the directory that
startbuild.exe is in, as one of the included files is also called
startbuild.exe and the extraction will fail. Alternatively, just rename
startbuild.exe to startbuild20a.exe before you execute it.

And now some information for those who haven't heard of StartBuild.

StartBuild is a utility that allows you to generate start menus (and other
folders) dynamically. You assign a set of icons to an NT Global Group name
and if a user is in that group, they will receive the icons you specify for
that group. The slightly clever bit is that if the user is in more than one
Global Group they will receive the total of all icons for all groups of
which they are members. This is easier to handle and more flexible than the
system policy method of assigning custom folders.

v2.0a is a big step forward from v1.1, which was released a few weeks ago.

Regards
Angus