[THIN] Re: FW: Re: softricity for the Enterprise

  • From: "Lilley, Brian" <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 16:43:46 +0100

Thanks Tim.  Good point.

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Timothy Mangan
Sent: 04 May 2004 16:35
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: FW: Re: softricity for the Enterprise

Brian,

NDA issues apply - so you will not likely get an answer in a public forum.

If you really want to understand the costs of SoftGrid, you should either
work with a var/integrator that is already experienced (assuming you are an
enterprise admin) or work with Softricity to become one.  In my opinion,
Softricity makes a terrific value in the complex environment Ruben described
(more due to savings in administration), and small environments (more due to
savings in servers) -- but costs and savings are hard to generalize so you
need someone to look at your situation.  A really good VAR can help you make
sense of it all.

As to the rumor, that has been a constant, sometimes downplayed by those
companies.  Citrix doesn't have much of a record of buying compatible
technology yet.

Tim