[THIN] FW: Problems with Canon i70 via USB and Win2003 TS

  • From: "Leone, Michael" <MLeone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin Client list (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:29:38 -0400

Anybody using this combination? I've tried mapping the printer driver to
various models of the Canon BJC line, but what I get is extremely condensed
printing. Also, it seems to not close the job properly - I see it backed up
in the local printer queue. Says it has sent all of it's bytes, but the job
never automatically removed from the queue. I have to cancel the job, at
which point the next job in queue prints (also too small), and then the same
thing happens - it never closes.

This doesn't happen printing natively (i.e., not from TS). then, it prints
proper fonts, and is properly closed and removed from the print queue, when
the job is done.

I see the same effect from a Win2K client, or a WinXP Pro client.

Anyone seen anything similar? Any thoughts as to what printer driver to map
the i70 to? Or a configuration change, to have the print jobs properly close
out and remove themselves from the queue, when printing is complete?

This week's sponsor - Emergent Online
From centralized application management, business continuity, outsourcing, to
http://www.go-eol.com/index.asp