[THIN] FW: ICA Client and multiple-monitor support.

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:37:49 -0700

I have spoken with Citrix a while back and they were not able to come up
with a good answer, nor fix the problem.  I have a few users that have 3
video cards in their workstation, and thus they use 3 monitors that the
desktop spans.  The OS is Windows 2000, and they are running the 6.30
client.  Now, when the users try to connect to a published app using
Seamless Screen, the image is very distorted.  What I mean is that take
a published app, run it in a 800x600 window, and now stretch that window
across all screens and you have what the users are experiencing.  It's
not that they cannot "see" the application, it's just that the app
"window" does not appear the way it should.

Now, Citrix told me that they do support mutiple monitors, but they only
told me that they have tested it on 2 monitors, and the tech believes
that three monitors are also support.
I want to know if anyone out there runs three monitors on their
workstations, and if they have gotten the Seamless application mode to
work.

In the workstations, they all have (1) GeForce 3 and (2) Matrox
Millennium G200 PCI cards.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

CHRIS LYNCH -  MCSE, CCNA, CCA
NETWORK ENGINEER - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
NRT Incorporated, 27271 Las Ramblas, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Chris.lynch@xxxxxxxxxx  Tel 949.367.3406