[THIN] Re: FW: DCPromo-ing a Win2K TS Licensing Server

  • From: "Leone, Michael" <MLeone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:58:22 -0500

You misunderstand ... the license service is not running anywhere in the
domain, because it is installed on a member server in a domain, not on a DC
in the domain. I can't point to my TS server to another license server. I
only have the 1 TS server, and it is also hosting the TS licensing service.
If I DCPromo the member server that the license service is on, it should
start (presumably). My question is - is there anything else (such as
re-activation of licenses) that would need to happen?

Michael Leone, Systems Administrator
Philadelphia Contributionship
210 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA  19106
<mailto:mleone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
V: 215-627-1752 x1282