[THIN] Re: FW: Copying profiles from old Terminal Server to n ew T erminal Ser ver

  • From: Minero Hector B DLVA <MineroHB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:01:59 -0500

The variable becomes useful when using roaming profiles.
I store all my profiles on a server (Win2k server, not WTS) and all my
Terminal servers go to that server for profiles.
Anyway, you can create a variable, say profsrv or any other name.
In the User's Acccount prperties, under Terminal server profile, you can use
the following:

\\%profsrv%\profiles$\%username%

This references a share (profiles$) on the profsrv server, which is the
server where you store your profiles.

As I said, this becomes really useful if you find yourself moving profiles
regularly.

Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55
Ph: (540)653-8859