[THIN] Re: FR3 problem?

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 14:30:14 +1000

Hi,

FR3 uses the windows installer a bit too agressively.

It creates a Citrix folder in the all users folder that anyone with any
sense would move elsewhere.

Once you've done that, the installer is likely to pop up at any time
(generally when running internet explorer) asking to re-install FR3.

If you make the folder inaccessible to non admin users, the installer
briefly flashes up for them. The only thing that makes FR3 behave itself is
just hiding the folder.

Not sure if the FR3 update fixes this.

regards,

Rick