[THIN] FR3 problem?

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 22:57:15 +0100

Hi
Ive been doing some Fr3 upgrades and testing over the last week or so and have
come acrross an issue.
I was wondering whether anyone could see whether this affects their FR3
installs.

I have found on all 5 upgrades/Test servers that i can get FR3 to start
reinstalling itself when i click certain icons or enable Browser accleration.

I always have a habit of moving the %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start
Menu\Programs\Citrix and moving to the adminstrators own programs area.
However, when i do this and run the Terminal services configuration utility in
Administraive tools and then double click on the ICA settings , the FR3 msi
installer starts and prompts for the FR3 CD.
I can also generate this by launching a desktop and running internet explorer
with Browser Speedscreen enabled.

However , If i create a blank %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start
Menu\Programs\Citrix\MetaFrame directory the issue does not re occur.

Has anyone seen this at all ? or have i missed a Citrix technote somewhere ?

I have tried both versions of Fr3 ( withdrawn and updated) on Windows 2000 with
Service pack 3.

thanks for your time

regards