[THIN] FR3 printing looks different?

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:23:53 -0400

I am in the process of setting up my new farm printers. I have some
sites that don't have a print server that will use autocreated printers.
I have other sites that won't use autocreated at all (logon script
installed printers).

In FR3 I am seeing two types of icons appear for autocreated printers.
One icon looks like a standard network printer (but it was autocreated).
The other type says "Client\domain.com-username\printer name".

The network printer appears to print direct to the print server. The
other seems to print to the client...

How do I control this? They should all be in this case printing directly
to the print server instead of to the client. I've heard people talk
about "importing the print server" do I need to do this? Does anyone
have a white paper on how FR3 printing works?

Thanks for all the help,

Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA