[THIN] Re: Extreme bizarre: farm says user is in published application, but they have no session

  • From: ananth padmanabham <isap004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 03:41:57 -0700 (PDT)

Is this anything do with Citrix License issue?

StGeorge <wcsconnect@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hello Mark,

We have had this with some office apps (word), which use a mapped network drive
and the drive is not available for some reason. In our case it has always been
a Novell based file share.
What happens is, is that word will launch and then close on the users pc.

Might be a pointer for you.

Regards

Rob

On 10/3/07, Landin, Mark <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:Trying to
troubleshoot a problem I've not seen before.

Environment: MPS  3.0 R01 on Windows Server 2003 SP 1.

Users launch a published application, which launches, but within seconds
terminates the user's session. Terminal Services Manager indicates no
active user session any more, but the Metaframe Presentation Console
shows the users still active in the application. Further, user's local
profile on the server is still open and cannot be deleted. A reboot of
the server unlocks the profile, of course.

So has anyone seen cases where the user's session is terminated, but the
farm still thinks the user is in the application?

    Anantha Padmanabham K

Don't let your dream ride pass you by.    Make it a reality with Yahoo! Autos.