[THIN] Re: External Connector License

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:16:00 -0500

The ECL is really like a paper license. The trick with it is that none of
the users using ECL licenses can be employees of your company. They have to
be true "external, non-employee users". In addition if you are going to do
this it is a flat 200 users per box max, (concurrent) at whateve your
license agreement stats (I think retail is about 10K)

So build BIG boxes and really try to maximize the number of users per box.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
Microsoft MVP - Windows Server

RapidApp, Chicago