[THIN] External Connector License

  • From: "Bob Hickman" <rhickman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:48:49 -0500

I am preparing to install my first 2003 TS and am going to use the External=
 Connector License (ECL) along with my TSCAL's for internal use.  Are the=
re any gotchas with this license?  I can't find any detailed info on this=
.  Currently, I access ,from the Internet, my TS boxes behind a Firewall/=
proxy through SSL/VPtunnel.  Does the ECL work like the 2000 TSLicense se=
rvers?  If someone on the Internet wants to access the 2003TS and does no=
t have a license, will the ECL issue them a license without special hoops=
?

Bob Hickman
Director of Technology
Castle Hills First Baptist School