[THIN] Export to MAPI from Crystal Reports broken for one user

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:36:31 -0600

OK, We are using Crystal Reports on our Citrix farm, and the users
almost exclusively export those reports to MAPI and email them out to
customers or other company personnel. We're using Outlook 2003 as the
email client. We've been doing this for 5 years now for over 100 users
and it works just fine.

Except for the new girl who just started a few weeks ago. When she's
looking at the report in her Crystal repor viewer, and goes to select
Export, MAPI is not an option for her. There are other options
available, but not MAPI. She's been set up like every other user. We
can't see what's different about her that would explain this problem.

This happens for her on all three servers in the farm. It happens for no
other user. Her email profile is valid and there are no problem with her
email account or Outlook. We're using local profiles on each server.
She, along with everyone else, is a Power User on each server (for
reasons not relevant to this problem). There are no error messages,
either on the screen or in the server event logs. She can succesfully
export any Crystal format to any of the other export destinations that
make sense (application, disk file, etc).

Can anybody offer anything helpful? This one is really stumping us.
Maybe it's something obvious and we're thinking about it too hard...

Tech details:
Crystal Reports 9
Outlook 2003
Exchange 2003