[THIN] Explorer e-mail lock up

  • From: "Jim Strowe" <jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:11:04 -0500

To further diagnose this, (I agree with Jay) you should:
 Try the same things as Administrator and see if you have the same problem
as you do as a user.

If you DON'T have the same problem as admin, expect a permissions issue
somewhere (it could be in the registry or the users profile.
If you DO, start checking the mechanism's that Explorer uses to start
Outlook. (profile issue and maybe a registry issue)

Like I said though I suspect permissions in the registry (Jay's idea) is
probably the first spot to start.  After that I'd suggest exploring a local
workstation and how Explorer starts up Outlook, which I think will lead you
to the "sendto" directory in the profile and the registry. (and perhaps file
associations)

In This Issue:
        #1:     From: Mario Nicoletatos <muray_n@xxxxxxxxx>Subject: [THIN]
Re: Explorer e-mail lock up

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:37:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Mario Nicoletatos <muray_n@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: Explorer e-mail lock up
have u locked down the registry at all ?
--- "Jensen, Jay" <jjensen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are migrating our Citrix Server Farm In W2K3 Active Directory
environment.  We have not moved out Exchange servers  over to Active
Directory and when we send an Outlook 2000 send to
> e-mail using Windows  Explorer, the session hangs up.   When we do the
same from within an
> application the e-mail gets sent without any issues.   Has anyone heard of
the before where when send an e-mail using explorer  on Citrix it hangs the
session?
> Thanks.
> Jay

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id)6