[THIN] Re: Expand Accelerators

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:28:01 +0100

"moderately pricey" ??

whats that in the region of?

Andrew
--o--

>>> Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 20/05/04 14:28:58 >>>
> I'm surprised no one on the list is actually using them.=3D20

The cost was a barrier for us, not the technology. They are moderately
pricey.

> Perhaps it's just not suitable for satellite links.

As others have pointed out, they will NOT help with latency issues,
since it still takes however long for one Expand to send a packet to the
other Expand. If you have a low-latency link that is saturated, then the
Expand equipment will shine.
=3D20

http://www.tarantella.com/ttba=20
http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm=20