[THIN] Excluding folders from roaming profiles

  • From: "Stratton, Doug ISMC:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:16:17 -0700

We are still using the old way (MS GPO) to exclude some of the roaming
profile contents.
We have some folders redirected so we exclude Desktop,Faves,My documents

We currently exclude :
Cookies
Desktop
Favorites
PrintHood
Templates
My Documents
Windows\System
Windows\Fonts
Windows\inf
Windows\help
Windows\web
Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar

I was wondering if anyone knew if we can shorten this one:
Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar

This seems to be where all the files end up but I don't know if I can
shorten that path without losing some important Java stuff.

Or other folders that they have had problems with that should be
excluded.

thanks

Doug Stratton
Technology Engineering Services, ISM Canada
Together with Shared Services BC
Telephone: 250-704-1861
Fax: 250-704-1889
E-mail: <mailto:stratton@xxxxxxxxxx