[THIN] Exchange Profiles on NT4 Term Serv & MetaFrame 1.8

  • From: "W. Andy Roche" <andy.roche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:11:11 -0500

Greetings,
 I am trying to figure out a problem where I have users that need to
email from within a published application.

I am running Windows NT4.0 Terminal Server (SP6), and MetaFrame 1.8
(build 663 SP3)

If I build setup a batch file, which is a published app, to build a .PRF
file on the fly and then apply new profile buy running the .PRF file,
then Outlook will run and the profile is created.  But Intermittently
Outlook locks up totally, requiring the user to End Tack the session,
but the profile is created.

I tried using newprof.exe, profgen.exe, and modprof.exe to try and
create the profile in the background.  However, it never creates the
profile, unless I am logged in at the console itself.

Does anybody have a suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

W. Andy Roche