[THIN] Re: Event ID 5783 - Looking for author of a post

  • From: "Durbin, Jeff" <jdurbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 14:26:00 -0700

I have seen this type of behavior a few times. The first time was when
Great Plains maxed out the CPU at a screen where the user was supposed
to select a record from a list. This was a known problem to Great
Plains, and they thought that it '*might* be fixed in a future release'
(what a load of crap - I can't stand bad programmers that won't fix
their bad programming). We ended up buying AppSense's Performance
Manager to throttle Great Plains.
  The second time I saw it was on various Win2K MF servers in a NT4
domain. There were multiple account lockout events (caused by another
major application). This caused the RPC service to hang on the Win2K
box.