[THIN] Re: Event 1015 - "TermServcie" timeout -HELP!

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:54:54 +1100

Hi,

The perflib error is simply telling you that the termservice service is in
trouble.

It's a symptom, not the reason for the problem.

What you're describing is kind of interesting. Problems with the IMA
service/data collector could easily result in not being able to log on to
the farm, but shouldn't have any impact on users already logged on.

The most important clue is the farm-wide problems.

One scenario where you might see what you're seeing is where servers are
filling their network i/o request queues.

If either your domain controller or file/print server is getting stressed
then that can result in login problems, and TS server hangs that are farm
wide. Bottlenecks in network responsiveness can be near fatal.

I'd have a good hard look at the tuning of the back-end servers (DC
/file/print), including increasing maxmpxct and maxworkitems values, making
sure you haven't got a virus checker running in bidirectional check mode
(change to incoming files only if you're running realtime) and having a look
at disk and network i/o.

There are other possibilities, but if what you have described is accurate,
the back-end is probably where you'll solve your problems.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx