[THIN] Event 1015 - "TermServcie" timeout -HELP!

  • From: "peter.hegg" <peter.hegg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ThinNet Techforum" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:13:49 +0100

Error 1015 - Perflib HELP!!!!

We are running multilanguage W2K SP3, XPe with FR2 in a Citrix Farm with 17
productive servers. We every now and then get the following error on 1 or
several Terminalservers:

"Error 1015

The timeout waiting for the performance data collection function "TermService"
in the "M:\WINNT\system32\perfts.dll" Library to finish has expired. There may
be a problem with this extensible counter or the service it is collecting data
from or the system may have been very busy when this call was attempted."

This error occurs several times within half an hour - and then the farm is
"dead". No new users can login, and the ones active on those servers cannot
work anymore. When we try to login on the console, we can press alt+ctrl+del,
enter the password and upon pressing enter, the system just keeps on presenting
a blue screen (not a BSOD) for ever and ever - no desktop comes up.

We've been looking at Q226494 (events for performance monitor extensions) and
have changed the registriy values several times. The problem hasn't gone so far.

The only way - what we know so far - is to reboot the server.

Does anyone have similar experiences and can shed some light on this?

Your input is very much appreciated.

Regards

Peter

Add users now! - not more servers. If you?re using Citrix,
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=79