[THIN] Re: Enterprise Printing solution

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:22:55 +1100

Hi

Why would you install a local Print Server and use TCP/IP Printing?.  Im
assuming you mean use TCP/IP Printing with Screwdrivers without the local Print
Server.

Have you had any issues with Printing via TCP/IP?  Ie contention issues if
multiple users print to the same printer?  Printer Managability issues etc?

Ang

Subject: [THIN] Re: Enterprise Printing solution
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:15:53 -0600
From: Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd do 1 and 2 ...

- Connect local printers directly on clients via TCP/IP.

- Get Screwdrivers to improve reliability, reduce printer driver
management hassle, and reduce/control print job bandwidth
consumption.