[THIN] Encryption and ssl

  • From: Francois <francois0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 13:12:12 +0100

Good afternoon,

I'm after some informations to find out if I really need to use both
encryption and ssl.

At the moment, users are connecting over https. According to the
documentation (and as I understand it), the connection is made in the
following way (I'm making it short):
Part A: The user connects to the ssl relay over https.
Part B: The ssl relay decrypts the packets and sends them to the metaframe
server (xml service (80) or ICA (1494)).
The ica connection is set to use some kind of encryption (which I'll call ENC).

Am I right in saying that the level of encryption ENC is the one used to
encrypt part B? (which would mean that the connection between the client
and the ssl relay uses ssl and the connection between the ssl relay and the
metaframe server uses ENC).

If the above is correct, is there any point in using encryption ENC,
knowing that the ssl relay and the metaframe server are the same machine?

Thanks very much in advance for any help

Cheers
Francois