[THIN] Encrypted Printing

  • From: "John Hardwick" <jhardwick@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 00:12:51 -0600

Somewhat odd request...

I have a client that has several remote sites that will be connecting
back to a centralized site via Citrix.  Traditionally I would have
handled their printing needs by having regular JetDirects with IPs
accessible from the central site.  The client is concerned about the
unencrypted print job traffic.  I've been toying with VPN solutions to
just handle the printing, but am looking for a simpler solution.  Is
anyone aware of a JetDirect like device that encrypts the LPR traffic?

John Hardwick
President
nXio, LLC.
www.nxio.net