[THIN] Enabling Web Content for explorer causes it to bomb when graphic files are previewed

  • From: "Stansel, Paul" <Paul.Stansel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:55:22 -0500

Ok, this is a weird one.  Win2K Advanced Server, MF XPe FR2.  Any graphics
file that I select in Explorer, be it a .jpg or even something like an .mpg,
causes Explorer to crash.  CHanging it to classic view so that preview
doesn't come up fixes this.  Also, SOME (not all) graphic files no longer
work on the server.  They just flash whatever app they are associated with
and crash.

I think it is somehow related to a corrupt Artgal50.mmc on the server.  I've
gone through the stpes listed by Microsoft to try and correct it, but
nothing has worked.  It affects every profile on the box, not just one or
two.  Anyone seen anything like this?
Thanks,
Paul