[THIN] Re: Edgesight server Reporting services error

  • From: "Jeremy \(J House Consulting\)" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 23:47:01 +0800

You need to change the Edgesight Application Pool from within IIS. I don't
have this documented for 2003, but under 2008R2 the username and password
can be set by selecting the Identity property under the Advanced Settings.
Then start the Edgesight Application Pool.

You'll also have to change the permissions for SQL Reporting Services by
using Report Manager...
"Content Manager" role
"System Administrator" role under SQL 2008 Reporting Services
"Managed shared schedules" role under SQ 2005 Reporting Services

The SQL Reporting Services account must have...
"Log on locally" privileges on the Report Server machine
Read access to the EdgeSight Server database

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Jeremy.