[THIN] Re: Edgesight 4.5 error loading payload issue

  • From: "Berny Stapleton" <berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 00:49:50 +1000

Andy,

I would be going back to the database level.

Presuming you are using MS SQL server, use the SQL profiler and take a
look at access to the database server. See if profiler is throwing any
other errors.

What I am questioning here is access to the database by the
application, whether it has access to update the table or something.
Maybe it's getting denied access somewhere along the lines and that's
why it's giving errors about the foreign key contraint.

If there is nothing in the table, I have a hard time believing that
it's actually getting a conflict in the machine ID.

The only other thing I can think of is what the foreign key is referencing....

Do a google search for sys.foreign_key_columns

Take a look at what that gives you, take a look at the database and
see whether there is data in another table that's causing the problem.
If there isn't a lot of tables / data etc in the database, you might
even want to take a look through manually. The first three links or
four links should help you dig up what you are trying to find though.

There is a post by someone from MS at the following link:

http://www.developersdex.com/sql/message.asp?p=1119&ID=%3CC12535BD-B6B6-4226-8154-5227BDAE959D%40microsoft.com%3E

Let me know what you come up with.

Berny