[THIN] Re: Dual Core Processors

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:01:27 -0700

No, but if you with a dual, dual core it should scale to an efective
3.5-3.75 processors.

adam

             Eldon
             <u2htdaab@xxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] Dual Core Processors
             01/30/2007 11:15
             AM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am looking at replacing some hardware, and in the past I have gone with
dual processor 1u boxes from HP.  Now I see that they dual-cores seems to
be all they carry in their G5 line.

From an Intel processor standpoint, do you find that dual cores scale the
same as having 2 single core processors?

SBC SITES ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH: http://www.F1U.com