[THIN] Re: Drive mapping issue

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 22:01:24 -0800

Rosemary,=20

You've got several options to choose from here.=20

The easy and ugly options first. Drop a *.bat or *.cmd file in the
startup for the all users group on the TS servers. It will launch
slightly later than a login script would, but will do the job.=20

Another option, although some might not like it. The appsetup regkey at
HKLM\software\microsoft\Windows_nt\current version\winlogon\appsetup,
also runs everytime the system logs a user on. If you append the value
to have your *.bat /*.cmd file here, and then place that *.bat / *.cmd
file in the system32 dir of the server. Your script will run everytime a
user logs into the TS server. (make sure you do not remove any of the
other entries in this key however, things could get bad)

Freeware scripting utilities are handy for this stuff as well.
www.kixtart.org, for kix32 can deal with machine variables. So you could
have a main login script only run for certain machines, IE - your TS
servers:

If @wksta =3D ("TS-server1")
        Use K \\server\share
ENDIF

I know win2k policies allow you to set a login script for users /
machines. Without looking at it though I forget if Win NT 4.0 policies
can do this as well, I don't think so, you may want to look at the ADM's
on thethin.net for possible options there.=20

HTH