[THIN] Drive mapping

  • From: "Nick Crisp" <ncrisp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:35:53 +1000

Hi all
I'm not sure what the best approach to this problem is but I would like
to have a server side storage area for all my apps that is separate from
other apps storage areas

Essentially I would like to have a storage drive on the server that is
common for all users of the same application. I thought perhaps the best
way to do this would be to have each application's working directory
mapped for the users session.

Is this a problematic approach??

The other problem is how I do this, ie set a variable per session that
points to the working directory which is called via the userlgn.cmd. If
this is the best method how do I set the variable (syntax in the login
script??)

At the moment I have individual scripts for users but these are time
consuming and I'd like to avoid this if possible

Thanks
Nick