[THIN] Download Pick of the week CreateDesktopIcons

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:45:15 -0500

This weeks download is contributed by Jeff Durbin. Below is a section of the
readme file explaining the need for this utility. Thanks Jeff!

 My friend and fellow engineer, Chris Lynch, and I were trying to figure
out how to give MetaFrame users a common set of desktop icons -AND- their
own redirected desktop folder icons. You'd think this would be easy,
since Windows does this already (when folder redirection is NOT being
used), by showing icons on the desktop from both the desktop folder in
the user's own profile, as well as the desktop folder from the All Users
profile. It seems though, that once you redirect a user's desktop folder,
the icons from the desktop folder of the All Users profile stop showing
up.
   Download this utility from http://thethin.net/createdesktopicons.zip

Angus Macdonald has also sent me an update of the Shell Launch utility.

   Download it at http://thethin.net/shelaunch.zip

Enjoy,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net