[THIN] Download Pick of the Week: DTaskManager Task Manager Replacement

  • From: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: THIN <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, vista@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:02:16 -0400

Hi all,
Been a while since I posted a download pick but here is one I just had to
share. It is called DTaskManager. This utility is written by a guy named
Dimitrios Coutsoumbas and really revs up TaskMan in Windows XP and Vista.
Some cool features are that you can click on an application and choose the
"Go to process" button and it will take you directly to the process that is
associated with the app.
It also gives you the ability to see all active ports and find out what file
is using that port.  You can also temporarily suspend processes, or really
kill a process. Lots of goodies with this one!

The program is available on Dimitrios site along with several other useful
freeware utilities (check out Dshutdown to shutdown a workstation with a
plethora of options) at http://dimio.altervista.org/eng/ or from
Snapfiles.com at http://www.snapfiles.com/get/dtaskmanager.html

--
Jim Kenzig