[THIN] Re: Download Pick ADmodify.net was: OT: Exchange 2003 add email address/make primary Script

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 16:14:51 -0400

Looks like a neat tool. When I was looking at it the Terminal Service
options are grayed out. Any idea why? All the other options not related
to TS seem to be enabled.

Thanks,

Network Manager

                From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Kenzig
http://ThinHelp.com
                Posted At: Friday, June 02, 2006 10:30 AM
                Posted To: Windows 2000
                Conversation: [windows2000] Re: OT: Exchange 2003 add
email address/make primary Script
                Subject: [windows2000] Re: OT: Exchange 2003 add email
address/make primary Script

                Sweet..yes I figured this out..in previous versions
(5.5) you had to use a script..Microsoft did something right for once!
Way too easy. : )
                Jim

                "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@> wrote:

                        No need for a script...

                        In system management, go to:

                        [Organization Name]->Recipients->Recipient
Policies

                        Assuming that you haven't created a new policy
in the past, open the Default Policy and modify the email addresses on
the Email Address tab.

                        Then, go to Recipient Update Services, and
ensure that there is an entry for your default policy, and that it is
set to "Always Run.

                        Then sit back and wait an hour or so, and all
your recipients will be updated.

                        HTH,

                        Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
                        David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

                        From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Kenzig
http://ThinHelp.com
                        Posted At: Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:49 PM
                        Posted To: Windows 2000
                        Conversation: [windows2000] OT: Exchange 2003
add email address/make primary Script
                        Subject: [windows2000] OT: Exchange 2003 add
email address/make primary Script

                        Hi Folks,

                        We want to change our email domain but keep our
old domain as a secondary address so that it still works.  I know how to
add the email connector and set up dns.

                        I want an easy way to add the new email
addresses to Active directory.

                        I was wondering if anyone had a utility/script
to add the new email address into AD for each/all user(s) and make it
primary all in one swipe. (Exchange/Windows 2003.

                        environment)

                        Thanks in advance,

Jim Kenzig <mailto:web%20at%20kenzig.com>
CEO The Kenzig Group
http://www.kenzig.com <http://www.kenzig.com/>
Sponsorships Available! <http://www.kenzig.com/217/227/index.html>
Blog: http://www.techblink.com <http://www.techblink.com/>