[THIN] Download Pick ADmodify.net was: OT: Exchange 2003 add email address/make primary Script

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 10:51:19 -0700 (PDT)

Damn this is cool! OK folks this is DEFINITELY a download pick of the week. Two
snaps go to Dave Stevens for pointing out this Dotnet utility called ADModify.

  This tool will let you add/ modify /remove objects in bulk form within Active
directory. In other words any user properties in Active directory can easily be
changed globally with it.  I just used it to remove an old smtp address from
over 1000 ad users accounts. Worked like a champ!

  Must have .net on the machine.
  See:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2

  Actual download is here

http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/releases/checkForDownload.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2&releaseid=567213f5-dd90-4d64-a867-de53f71d168c

  Jim

Dave stevens <com> wrote:
    another beauty to use is the ADModify tool. This can create new email
address all in one go.

  This is the recommended way to get rid of old smtp addresses as advised by MS.

"Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      You used to have to export the GAL and then do some funky Excel mojo to
reformat for import, with additional PorxyAddresses.

  Now you can do it all with RUS.

  And you can create RUS policies for subgroups using standard LDAP query
language, so you can have something only apply to a specific OU or some other
criteria.

  "TOO EASY DRILL SERGEANT!"

  Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

---------------------------------
  From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Kenzig
http://ThinHelp.com
Posted At: Friday, June 02, 2006 10:30 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: OT: Exchange 2003 add email address/make
primary Script
Subject: [windows2000] Re: OT: Exchange 2003 add email address/make primary
Script

  Sweet..yes I figured this out..in previous versions (5.5) you had to use a
script..Microsoft did something right for once! Way too easy. : )
Jim

"Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@> wrote:
      No need for a script...

  In system management, go to:
  [Organization Name]->Recipients->Recipient Policies

  Assuming that you haven't created a new policy in the past, open the Default
Policy and modify the email addresses on the Email Address tab.

  Then, go to Recipient Update Services, and ensure that there is an entry for
your default policy, and that it is set to "Always Run.

  Then sit back and wait an hour or so, and all your recipients will be updated.

  HTH,
  Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

---------------------------------
  From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Kenzig
http://ThinHelp.com
Posted At: Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:49 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] OT: Exchange 2003 add email address/make primary
Script
Subject: [windows2000] OT: Exchange 2003 add email address/make primary Script

  Hi Folks,
  We want to change our email domain but keep our old domain as a secondary
address so that it still works.  I know how to add the email connector and set
up dns.
  I want an easy way to add the new email addresses to Active directory.

  I was wondering if anyone had a utility/script to add the new email address
into AD for each/all user(s) and make it primary all in one swipe.
(Exchange/Windows 2003.
  environment)

  Thanks in advance,

Jim Kenzig