[THIN] Re: Downgrading the IMA datastore

  • From: Arthur Reyes <artadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:41:22 -0600

It's not supported. See MetaFrame XP Advanced Concepts - Farm Maintenance CTX677542.pdf

.damn

Bob wrote:

I have never seen any docs for migrating a DS from SQL to MSDE, however...

This is really a SQL function, not a Citrix function. It is possible to move a 'small' db from full blown SQL to MSDE. It's a very manual process, but quite do-able. After that, it's the normal ODBC routines within Citrix to point to the new server.

goodluck
bob

On 11/18/05, *Arthur Reyes* <artadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:artadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    My XPe Farm got down-sized, and I see no reason to host the IMA
    for such
    a small number of servers on an SQL server that I can
    repurpose.  Anyone
    know of any docs for migrating a datastore from MSSQL *back* to
    MSDE or
    access?

    I seem to recall attempting this before, but it has been a while, and
    all my cursory searches show only how to perform the task the
    other way
    around (msde/access -> SQL)

    Thanks
    Arthur