[THIN] Re: Doug Brown thinks Citrix is the "Madonna" ofVirtualization

  • From: "Douglas A. Brown" <dbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:56:52 -0400

yes, you are correct..   I was around and I remember all that...  I had
a compuserv account and I ran a BBS off a 1200 baud modem too.  Funny
how slow that is today, you know...

and I agree there was a lot of p0rn on this sites back then but I just
don't agree that is why people use them.  Yes, there are a lot of people
that are interested in that back then but I think most people that knew
about and have computers and logged in to those sites were computer guys
and the other was just a perk.. (LOL)...   I mean, it was very expensive
in those days... right?  go to the store and buy a mag vs. buying a 5k
pc...

Today it is different..

But, Games is, IMHO, what moved the hardware and software forward like
none other....

Douglas A. Brown

President and Chief Technology Officer

Microsoft MVP, Windows Server