[THIN] Re: Domain Controller Scalability

  • From: "Eugene Herman" <EHerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:38:26 -0400

We will be rolling out notes later this year in the North east ( or at =
least that is the plan this week). But for now Groupwise. It is definitely =
going to be one domain but we are concerned that if we don't have multiple =
DC's  login times may climb which will piss off the users.=20

>>> lynch00@xxxxxxx 10/17/02 01:04PM >>>

=20

I agree with Joe on this.  But, it really all depends on how your
wanting to build the domain structure.  I would strongly recommend
using one domain with multiple sites.  You can get away with one GC
that runs DNS in every site.  But, if memory serves right, you are
running Notes, correct?

CHRIS LYNCH -  MCSE, CCNA, CCA
NETWORK ENGINEER - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
NRT Incorporated, 27271 Las Ramblas, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Chris.lynch@xxxxxxxxxx  Tel 949.367.3406