[THIN] Re: Does anyone still remap drives?

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 17:32:50 +0100

Well that's debatable.

But at the end of the day, they introduced the functionality - and in
effect, persuaded deployers that this functionality was poignantly
useful. It's a bit previous, now, to pull the plug - admins may well
have become used to this, and have some need for it.

(user community, and their demands, aren't always reasonable)

As I said, personally, I'm ambivalent - but I can see how deployers may
well be used to this.

Neil