[THIN] Re: Does anyone run virus scanner on XPe thin client?

  • From: "Jim Kenzig kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:56:36 -0800 (PST)

Not necessarily, there are Network viruses out there...all XPe clients I know
of need to store the IE cache someplace even if it does get wiped out on reboot
the chance that a person could hit a page with a virus on that got stored and
could hop onto your network does indeed exist.

JAK

John Hardwick <t> wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
I?m running 6 XPe Wyse units and haven?t worried about viruses on them.

You could always lock down the image? take away MS network client and just
leave TCP/IP and then use that as a base image.  The other thing to keep in
mind is that as the units reboot (at least the Wyse work this way) they don?t
keep any of the changes.. so the machine would have to be re-infected again
upon boot for it to be a problem.

- John Hardwick