[THIN] Re: Does Windows 2008 / XenApp 5 fix all Printing Issues

  • From: "Chad Schneider (IT)" <Chad.M.Schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:43:37 -0600

My first concern for you....you want printing issues to go away, but are
looking to go to 64-bit Citrix...

We have found numerous issues with printing in our 64-bit Citrix environment,
due to the intracacies of 64-bit print drivers and the fact many drivers for
many printers are not 64-bit.

>>> On 1/21/2009 at 4:56 PM, <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

Our existing farm of Windows 2003 / Presentation Server 4 had quite a few
issues with Printing.  Large PDF spool sizes, Print Spooler crashes etc with
both Native Drivers and Citrix Universal Driver.  Im looking at upgrading to
Windows 2008 / XenApp 5 (64 bit) and was wondering if anyone is running it and
whether Windows 2008 Printer Improvements are sufficient to make Printing
reliable once and for all without having to buy a third party product.

I know third party Products such as Tricerat ScrewDrivers support the latest
Citrix/Windows versions but are they really needed?  Has anyone seen a matrix
that compares Printer functionality between Windows 2008/XenApp 5 and
ScrewDrivers?.

Id love to hear your experiences with Printing if your running Windows 2008 /
XenApp5

Thanks
Ang

Find great deals on eBay Net yourself a bargain (
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Frover%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Frover%2F1%2F705%2D10129%2D5668%2D323%2F4%3Fid%3D10&amp;_t=763807330&amp;_r=hotmailTAGLINES&amp;_m=EXT
 )