[THIN] Disconnected users getting new session

  • From: "Columna, Melvin" <Melvin.Columna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:05:37 -0400

Hi all, here is our current issue...

Setup:
- NFUSE 1.71
- MetaFrame 1.8a SP4
- Windows 2000 Server SP3
- Published Apps are Anonymous
- ICA Web Client v6.30.1051
- Application is published SEAMLESS
- The ICA protocol is set to DISCONNECT on broken connection

When my users get disconnected (because of phone line hang-up or LAN cable
plug) the ICA session remains in "Active" status in the Citrix Server Admin.
When they try to either reconnect via a new ICA file from NFUSE or click the
Reconnect button from the client, they get a new session versus reconnecting
to the existing session.

I thought that switching from RESET to DISCONNECT and MF SP4 would fix that,
and allow users to return to their previous session if the user/client name
matched. I've changed the ClientName see if that matters, but right now, I
have 3 sessions that are from the same workstation, same ClientName...
should be only 1

This is the ICA file per NFUSE, any suggestions?  I do see some duplicate
entries, which should I kill/keep ?

As usual, thanks to everyone who contributes to this list!

[Encoding]
InputEncoding=ISO8859_1

[WFClient]
Version=2
PersistentCacheEnabled=On
PersistentCacheSize=8192000
PersistentCacheMinBitmap=2048
PersistentCachePath=C:\WinNT\Temp
ClientName=anon1044130000122
RemoveICAFile=Yes

[ApplicationServers]
PROG=

[PROG]
Address=1.1.1.1
InitialProgram=#PROG
LongCommandLine=
DesiredColor=8
TransportDriver=TCP/IP
WinStationDriver=ICA 3.0
DesiredHRES=4294967295
DesiredVRES=4294967295
ScreenPercent=0
UseDefaultWinSize=Off
DesiredWinType=8
TWIMode=On
ClientAudio=On
Compress=On
MaximumCompression=On
PersistentCacheEnabled=On
PersistentCacheSize=8192000
PersistentCacheMinBitmap=2048
PersistentCachePath=C:\WinNT\Temp
MouseTimer=100
KeyboardTimer=100
ClientAudio=On
DesiredHRES=1024
DesiredVRES=768
TWIMode=Off
SessionsharingKey=8-basic-basic-Anonymous-Client-NoFarm

[EncRC5-0]
DriverNameWin16=pdc0w.dll
DriverNameWin32=pdc0n.dll

[EncRC5-40]