[THIN] Disaster recovery (continued)

  • From: "Stuart Hall" <SHall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:36:36 -0700

SQL replication of the datastore....didnt' think about that.....would
that be one way from primary to DR site?

If my primary goes down the DR site comes up independently and writes to
it's local datastore.  What timeframes would you recommend on the
replication (nightly, hourly)

Is it really that simple?  I feel like I'm missing something.
------------------------------

Msg: #13 in digest
Subject: [THIN] Re: Disaster recovery
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 17:15:29 -0500
From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Same Farm
Replicated Data Store with Citrix Servers in each location using that
data store

CSG and NFuse at each site

Second site has a different URL  Unless you use some Smart DNS.

Use the same farm and what not...

OR you can technically create two different farms with the same licenses
in each since you will only be using one at a time.