[THIN] Disabling Printer auto-creation via Citrix Policy not working

  • From: "Angela Smith" <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 12:09:23 +1100

Hi

I have an issue where I cannot disable client printer autocreation.  We have
a Citrix Policy set which enables it for a specific set of users in the office based on AD group membership - works fine. We have a different Citrix policy which applies to a different AD group that disables Printer autocreation. Some users are in both groups. The disable policy has the highest priority but doesn't seem to work. Printers for these users still get autocreated.

The disable policy settings Ive tried include:

Printing\Client Printers\Auto-creation
Enabled                Do not auto-create client printers

Printing\Client Printers\Turn off client printer mapping
Enabled

Ive also tried
Printing\Client Printers\Auto-creation
Disabled

I would expect the disable policy with a higher priority to overwrite previous policies which enable printing - Is my thinking incorrect?

Has anyone seen such behaviour?

Thanks
Ang

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search Now! www.seek.com.au http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT