[THIN] Re: Disabled Logins & Rebooting

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:45:32 -0700

You are correct, if you enable logins and reboot.  Logins will be enabled
when the server come back up.  If you set it to disabled, then when you
reboot the server logins will be disabled.  Now a couple caveats.  The IMA
service stores this setting in the Local Host Cache.  So if you stop the IMA
service and change the login type, the server will come up in the state
before IMA was stopped.  Second, if you recreate the local host cache the
setting will be reset.   Personally, I think the LHC was a bad place to put
the setting.  It should have been a registry key.  Something easily to
manipulate.

Joe

  _____