[THIN] Disable the Outlook Bar???

  • From: Mike Munford <MMunford@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:16:55 -0400

Has anybody been able to lockdown or otherwise administratively control the
"Outlook Bar"???  I have a client that we recently deployed a fairly well
locked down Citrix Server for. One item that I have found little info on
disabling/locking down are those default groups created on the Outlook Bar.
The 'Other Shortcuts' group contains shortcuts to "Favorites" and "My
Documents". The "My Documents" opens the 'personal' folders in the User
local profile and apparently is immune from "My Documents" re-direction. Of
course, the "Favorites" shortcut eventually leads a user to IE...

Michael Munford
mmunford@xxxxxxxxxx
Sr. Network Engineer
NetTek, LLC.