[THIN] Disable content redirection in an ICA file

  • From: James Rankin <kz20fl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:04:05 +0100

We have some new Windows Embedded thin clients that, when launching a
published desktop from a XenApp 6 server, automatically redirect the
Internet Explorer application onto the client. We have tried disabling the
host-to-client redirection through the Citrix policies, but the redirection
still seems to occur.

So we were thinking maybe if we put an old ICA file in the Startup area it
might be better than using HP Connection Manager (which doesn't seem to
support published desktops), however, is there a way you can disable
host-to-client redirection from within an ICA file? I found some reference
to setting CREnabled=Off but can't tell where this would go, I am not
having much luck with Googling for it.

The thin clients are HP Windows Embedded devices using Citrix Receiver
version 3.0 and version 13 of the Online Plug-In, connecting to a XenApp 6
farm on the server end.

TIA,

--
*James Rankin*