[THIN] Re: Difference Citrix vs Terminal

  • From: "Greg Reese" <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 02:44:06 +1200

Citrix extends the functionality of terminal server in a big way.  Terminal
Server is the base model and Citrix is the super charger, leather seats,
navigation system etc.  You can run plain terminal services and be just
fine.  But adding Citrix on top of it really makes the environment sing.

Greg

On 10/31/06, Linda L Day <LindaDay@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Everyone, Crazy question: What is the difference between Citrix and Terminal Server? I know this will make you all roll your eyes, but a down and dirty, nutshell of it is all I need. If there is a difference any more? The reason I ask is that we had Citrix years ago and went to Terminal Server. Now they seem to be one in the same? Thanks, Linda

[image: sm_BWP.gif (2286 bytes)] Linda Day, CPM, CCIM President BW Phillips Management Group, Inc. 17450 South Halsted, Suite 300 Homewood, IL 60430 Office 708-957-2400 x18 Cell 708-997-2400 EDM 708-332-9607 (Electronic Document Management via fax) LDay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.BWPhillips.com The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this message. Any unauthorized copying of this message or unauthorized distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.