[THIN] Re: Developer Questions - Addendum

  • From: "John A. Vorchak" <jvorchak@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:07:07 -0500

There is a section on MSDN titled "Terminal Services Programming
Guidelines" which has a subsection for Storing User-Specific Information
at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/library/en-us/termserv/termserv/storin
g_user_specific_information.asp

From my personal experiences, HKCU is the definitely best spot to put
user specific information for all current terminal services versions and
for S03 (especially since S03 will be able to handle larger a registry
much more effectively).  There are just far too many issues that could
potentially happen with an ini file or something along those lines.
Also, if you need to make changes later on to the application settings
for the user(s), it will be much easier to do a policy or a script to
update their registry than to replace the ini file, especially if the
change only affects some users.

-John

=====================================
John A. Vorchak (eMVP)
Vorchak Software
Custom Windows XP Embedded and
Windows NT Embedded Components and Solutions
jvorchak@xxxxxxxx
=====================================

Windows
> folder the only way?
> For example, these are for like dialogs that have a checkbox on them
that
> say something like a "Don't ask me this again" type of question. Where
do
> store that they checked this?
>
> Any answers to these would be helpful.

Add users now! - not more servers. If you?re using Citrix,
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=79