[THIN] Re: Determining which user a TS 2003 per-device CAL license is issued to

  • From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:54:08 -0400

MessageMichael,

I don't know of any tool that will give you exactly what you want. As far as
I know, client information is logged on the license server but no user info.
On the application server, the opposite is true...user info but no client
info.

A simplest way to do what you want is probably a logon script. Depending on
where you want it to log, you could simply echo %USERNAME% and %CLIENTNAME%
into a file on a shared drive. Another alternative (since you seem to want
to see this in the event logs) is to have the logon script call Eventcreate
from the W2K3 resource kit utilities. This seems to be the new, improved
version of Logevent that I've used for things like this in the past.

Good luck,

Raff