[THIN] Re: Determining load

  • From: "Schneider, Chad M." <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:18:26 -0500

What does the pricing look like?

  _____

From: Armstrong, Robert [mailto:robert.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 12:14 PM
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Christine,

There may be many differing opinions on this one, but here is what I do.
There is no hard and fast rule as to what is optimal (at least this is what
I have discovered over that past few years) to determining what the optimum
CMF server is.  This "optimum" server is a product of many factors including
number of applications, application memory footprint, network bandwidth
requirements, number of users, peak usage periods for each application etc.
etc.

What I have found most beneficial is a product called Systrack from
http://www.lakesidesoftware.com/ <http://www.lakesidesoftware.com/>

Systrack is a fantastic product that will allow you to grab server and
application statistics from your CMF servers and perform some really usefull
analysis and will provide you with the answers you need to build the perfect
CMF server for your environment.  Systrack will allow you to zero in on your
peak usage periods, application resource requirements, system performance
during those periods etc. ect.

Look into it.  It's not cheap though

Good luck