[THIN] Re: Details view in Windows Explorer on Citrix TS servers

  • From: "Long, Brett (Noumea)" <Brett.Long@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:57:16 +1100

I am pretty sure it's a bug in Windows 2003 (if that what you are using)
as we have the same issues and have never been able to find a permanent
solution.

We have given these instructions to users but have had mixed results.

1.Have the user open windows explorer

2. Change the view to how the user wants to see the folders

3. Go to Tools...Options and click the View tab. Scroll down and make
sure "Remember each

folders view settings" is UNCHECKED

4. The click "Apply to all Folders'.

5. Click Yes to confirm the change.

6. The next time the user logs on the Citrix Farm the folder view will
stay the same.

Note: this fix will only work for Windows Explorer. It will not work
when opening folders from "My

Computer".

If anyone does have a fix I would be keen to hear it.

Regards...

Brett Long

Vale Inco

* Noumea (+687) 235458